How The S.H.I.F.T. Framework Evolved
Kanesha Baynard (Bold Living Today) and Kari Knutson (Knutson Speaks) have been friends since they met in undergrad in 1990 at Cornell College. They have both worked within the field of education in various capacities for over 20 years.
They both have had successful careers in traditional education roles (e.g., classroom teacher, school administrator, faculty member, and school counselor) while writing books and building their own consulting and coaching businesses.
Since the first day they met, Kanesha and Kari have had one guiding principle:
Sharing who you are and what you’ve experienced is the golden ticket to success.
Over the years, during many of their long and lively phone chats, they have helped each other carve out time, map out plans, and expand their reach so a larger audience is exposed to their energy and expertise.
These discussions also caused Kanesha and Kari to notice some troubling things about being an educator in the 20th and 21st centuries:
- So much talent and creativity gets lost while educators navigate the ever-changing regulations and requirements.
- Educators forget their “why” and they may fall into the downward spiral of phoning it in while they are working.
- Quality of life is often sacrificed because there are not enough resources or educational role models for work/life harmony.
- There are not enough realistic discussions about how to stay dedicated to students, communities, and educational institutions - while building an edupreneur business.
- More people can be served if skilled educators learn how to monetize their expertise.
This prompted Kanesha and Kari to put their creative minds together and design The S.H.I.F.T. Framework for educators.
The S.H.I.F.T. Framework Facilitators
Kanesha Baynard considers herself to be the love child of Oprah Winfrey and Martha Stewart.
Kanesha is a professional coach and author supporting people in transition. She is the founder of the Bold Living Today community which helps people disrupt unfulfilling patterns through creativity.
Kari Knutson, MA, is a native of Colorado and an educational professional with over 23 years of experience in K-12, higher education environments, as well as state governments, and community organizations. She is an educator, professional speaker, counselor, and performer whose company, Knutson Speaks, helps to take psychology “off the couch” and bring it to the people. Kari is an expert in the field of emotional intelligence (EQ) and human development. Her speaking and training work is focused on helping people transform their organizations through developing interpersonal skills and bridging cultural and communication divides.